Saturday, January 23, 2010

Join me at Firedoglake Book Salon with Author H.P. Albarelli

Update: This event is over, but you can read the chat log from the event here. Also, you can click on the link below and buy Mr. Albarelli's book, which will bring you many hours of entertainment and important learning.
From 2 to 4 pm, Pacific time (5 to 7 pm Eastern) TODAY I will be hosting Firedoglake's Book Salon. This afternoon the author is H.P. Albarelli, the author of the fascinating new book, A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA's Secret Cold War Experiments.
Following nearly a decade of research, this account solves the mysterious death of biochemist Frank Olson, revealing the identities of his murderers in shocking detail. It offers a unique and unprecedented look into the backgrounds of many former CIA, FBI, and Federal Narcotics Bureau officials—including several who actually oversaw the CIA’s mind-control programs from the 1950s to the 1970s. In retracing these programs, a frequently bizarre and always frightening world is introduced, colored and dominated by many factors—Cold War fears, the secret relationship between the nation’s drug enforcement agencies and the CIA, and the government’s close collaboration with the Mafia.

H. P. Albarelli Jr. is an investigative journalist whose work has appeared in numerous publications and newspapers across the nation and is the author of the novel The Heap. He lives in Tampa, Florida. (Amazon.com)
For more on Albarelli and his book, see my article, come by the Book Salon, where there will be an article about the book, and the chance to chat with Mr. Albarelli himself!

(Note: to participate in the chat, you must register with Firedoglake, so come by early and sign in.)

2 comments:

trotsky said...

Great salon at FDL today. Thanks.

When I dig through all my books and find the ones, the good ones, on Paperclip I'll send you a list to this site.

Valtin said...

Thanks, Matthew. The salon was great fun and exceeded my expectations. I was very grateful for Hank's participation.

I'd love to get the list on Paperclip, and I'll make the issue a more notable part of my own researches (which I've meant to do for awhile, but have lacked the time).

I looked up Linda Hunt's book, The Secret Agenda, at Amazon. There's a few used copies for upwards of around $90! I've now ordered through my local library.

Search for Info/News on Torture

Google Custom Search
Add to Google ">View blog reactions

This site can contain copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in my effort to advance understanding of political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.